I have a subchrionic hemorrhage that is about 3 cm and a 13 weeks pregnant I'm wondering what are the chances of miscarriage?

Bella1006

Asked by Bella1006 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ~*Hugs*~... I am not a doctor, and nursing school is no substitute for actual medical advice! Most I could actually help with is technical terms and so forth (been to college 3 times with 4 different majors)

Most I can give is my "Hapy thoughts" your way... hoping all is well, that your baby AND you are alright!!! Have you tried calling the "advice Nurse"?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• This is a question for your doctor or your doctor's nurse.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• @ MommaClark3, no I haven't asked the advice nurse. I am new to this website and was wondering if any other moms have experienced what I am experiencing and what the outcome was. My doctor says it's a 20% chance of miscarriage but the baby is growing well and the heartbeat is strong which is a good sign. Thank you for your positivity!
    Bella1006

Comment by Bella1006 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• stay strong momma! i wish u the very best x0x0x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I've had two subchorionic hemorrhages and both resulted in healthy babies. I don't think your risk of miscarriage increases with the hemorrhage. If the bleed is still active, you should rest as much as possible to let the ruptured vessel heal. If the bleed is no longer active, you should be on "light" duty the rest of your pregnancy (not lifting over 25 lbs.). But your risk of miscarriage isn't increased by the hemorrhage. You may bleed a bit more as the baby pushes the old blood out, but as long as the blood is dark, you know it is old blood and nothing to worry about. It is scary to see blood while pregnant, but you know what is causing it and it isn't anything wrong with the baby. Just a pesky little blood vessel.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I had the "most severe" they have ever seen. It caused lots of pain. I was in the fetal position A LOT the first 4 months of my 1st pregnancy. I was bleeding internally, it never came out externally. Well, the bleeding stopped after 4 months, it just dried up and disappeared, I guess. I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks but it was stopped with a shot, meds and bed rest. I ended up bleeding bright red blood, filled the toilet at 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant. It was scary because when we arrived at the hospital my baby's heart beat was down to 90 and my blood pressure was high. Their concern was her heart beat so I was put on IV fluids, told to lay on my left side and was given oxygen. They said I had 5 minutes to hope that her heart rate would go back up to at least 130 or I would have to go in the OR for an emergency c-section. Well, fortunately her heart rate went back to normal in like 3-4 minutes...
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I was put on watch to monitor the baby for 8 hours and then once all was OK...Doctor said I could go home. Well, I asked to be induced since I was already hooked up. I had my baby at 40 weeks & 3 days pregnant via c-section because she could not fit and would bounce back up. I do not feel you will miscarry. They told me my 1st child would miscarry, they prepared me for it at 6 weeks pregnant...they thought I wouldn't make it past 10 weeks pregnant, well when I was 13 weeks, they called my baby girl a Miracle! She was born very healthy and she's really intelligent!

.I had the internal bleeding with my 2nd child, it wasn't as severe and it went away pretty quickly. He was born at 42 weeks via c-section (tried a VBAC, that is why he was so late, had to do it naturally)...this 3rd baby will be a scheduled c-section.

Good luck! Hope you have an easy pregnancy despite this complication. Congrats on your baby!
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Thank you Katie80620! This is the first baby for my husband and I. We've had so many problems with conceiving, this is our miracle baby. I just went back to the doctor and it decreased to 2-cm and the doctor said the baby is as healthy as can possibly be!!! I'm super excited and your response has given me a world of hope. Good luck with baby #3!!!!
    Bella1006

Comment by Bella1006 (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2011