I'm seventeen, how can I have my baby delivered without parental consent?

I'm having my baby be adopted. I'm not telling anyone about my pregnancy. I need to have this baby delivered without them wanting to contact my parent and ruin everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you live with them?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If you go to the hospital to give birth they are not going to call your parents, but you need to tell them. You need medical treatment other than just giving birth. I am sure you will be missed if you go MIA for 3 days.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Contact an adoption agency... every state/county is different... but here locally once you give live birth they consider you of legal status to make that choice. The local adoption agencies should give you the best legal advice!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• How do you plan on hiding pregnancy from your parents?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If you have adoption lined up, do you have an agency? I'm sure they can help you around this. As a teen mom, I can tell you that it is terrifying when your parents find out. But its not the end of the world. You seem to have a plan, which is great. But you will need lots of support when it comes time to deliver and say goodbye. I hope very much that you let your mom know. This is the time in every womans life when she needs her mommy the most. Please let her be there for you!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I also want to add that it is a very good thing you have a plan and are putting your child first by planning on going to the hospital and taking care of an adoption plan for your child. It is a great thing you are doing and being brave to do so when you are obviously so scared to tell your parents.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• You are giving a family a wonderful gift. Be proud of yourself for thinking only about the well being of your child. My eldest is adopted and she is the greatest gift I've ever been given. I thank the Lord everyday for her and for her birth parents.

This isn't the end of the world. If you are concerned for your safety, please seek help from the YWCA or any other organization that gives aid and shelter to women in need. If you have no safety concerns, just sit down with them and tell them your plan. Mothers love their children, give your mom a chance to help you when you need her the most. She might actually surprise you.

Thinking of you and wishing you the very best.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 7:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• well here ur a legal adult so u dont have to have ur parents consent. i know when i got pregnant i didnt wont to tell anyone and im 18 bout to be 19 but i did it turned out better than i thought. i know how it works u think the worst but sometimes u got to think positive about things and hope for the best. im not sure how ur parents r and all but talk to someone u feel u can tell its not good to hold it in it really just makes things worst
    ProudMommy693

Answer by ProudMommy693 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Legally u have to be 18 to have your baby adopted as well as have a baby without your parents knowing. If u do it without their consent u r breaking the law. U cannot enter into any kind of a legal contract until u r 18 and can prove it. I have lawyers in my family.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It all depends on what state you are located in on whether then will have to contact your parents or not. But in some states, you cannot sign a contract under the age of 18 with out parental consent. This includes an adoption contract. Good Luck.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011