Let me ask you this.......

What would you prefer? To live in a fantastic school district and have the majority of your money be spent on your house and taxes or live in an o.k. school district and have money to spend on vacations and other things.

mamax4our

Asked by mamax4our at 7:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Okay school district (you can supplement education at home) and the experience of vacations and other.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• An okay school district, we homeschool so I don't want to pay extra for something I'm not using.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Fantastic school district. I personally find education so important. And you can always find cheap mini vacations to go on. Its the memories that count, not the money spent on them.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Hmm*~ considering we actually invest directly into teaching our kids, the vacations sounds like a better deal for us... I don't honestly believe most public schools do all that great of a job to begin with, and more so we are able to teach "one on one", can spend more on each child, and have faith in our own ability to do so... on top of them being in a public school
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Ok district. I moved from a great district (in the high end 'burbs) where I couldn't afford much after the rent. My kids were still getting 2.0 gpa or lower because the teachers would let them fly under the radar if they weren't exceptionally smart, naughty, or had those parents that would come in to chastise the teacher. We're now in an OK district (in a working class area) where the school has little classrooms that can't fit more than 25 desks. My kids are held accountable for themselves now, and not just by me. GPAs are up to 3 and rising.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• We live in a neighborhood where the schools aren't all that great, but we can afford a 4 bedroom, new house. We have a yard, we are close to my kids schools, and the taxes are so much cheaper in our area than anywhere else. We simply could not afford to live in a 'nice' area without me having a large income. I don't, I do day care out of my home.

While vacations are nice, they aren't everything.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 7:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2011