has anyone else had this happen?

since ive become pregnant meat totally grosses me out! the look, the smell, the texture. doesnt matter what its in. anyone else had this happen? this is my second pregnancy & it never happend during the first. just wondering. =D

TechnoBunny

Asked by TechnoBunny at 8:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, Food aversions are completely normal. I currently hate chocolate. Please feel bad for me I am serious.

Please make sure you get enough protein- can you deal with peanut butter, nuts or eggs?

By the way, it should pass and do make sure you mention it to your OB. Sometimes they give extra supplements to make up any lost nutrients, etc. .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had the same thing happen - not with meat for me, but with certain other foods. Broccoli is usually my favorite vegetable and now when I eat it, I actually retch! It's so weird because I used to eat broccoli on an almost daily basis.

Every pregnancy is different...with my first I craved red meat and pancakes (not together, lol) and with this one I don't care about meat as much. The only thing I can't seem to get enough of is tomato-based stuff like spaghetti or tomato soup! lol
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had that with my second and i couldnt eat sweets either. All i could eat was pasta bread and fruits and veggies. This time i cant eat sweets still and i dont eat alot of meat but i eat it. I cant cook it though seeing it raw just ruins it for me.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• That happened with my second too... now I love meat this time around!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Omgsh, I hate the smell of cooking meat. I try not to handle it at all costs lol. So I feel ya, this too shall pass :)
    sugamuffin85

Answer by sugamuffin85 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008