Anyone else getting sick of having kids around?

Aaaah, I know that sounds so awful but I REALLY need a break...I am tired of repeating myself telling one how to eat how to wash how to speak etc...I like being a mom but I am tired of it right now...How often do you need a break? I think I NEED one at least once a month and its been over a month and a half..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• once a week! :) I used to have coffee with a friend once a week... unfortunately I moved and don't have friends here to do that with...so I just go wander around the craft store for hours once a week LOL
    Anonymous

• Doesn't sound awful to me at all hun. Sounds perfectly normal! My SO and I only have a 6 month old, but we still take one night a week for a date night, and believe me it helps take the stress off! Try it out :D
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Well, I understand what you are saying.. but I am 44, my last just moved out last year, I don't get to see my grandkids too much, so I really miss repeating myself and hearing mom all the time.. sigh.....................
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I haven't had a break since my 6 yr old was born. I take my laptop into the bathroom - not the same, but at least I don't see them!! It only takes 13 seconds before the first "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!"

*sigh*
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes it sounds awful ....BUT.....It's oh so true!!! We need some down time every once in a while. We have to recharge. It's normal and you are not alone. I get up an hour and a half early every day just to have a quiet cup of coffee and read the paper or a book. If I don't get that time by the end of the day my nerves are shot. Make sure you set a little time asside for your self everyday. Feel better : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My My My how could anyone get sick of there kids, they are kids for goddness gracious. they get on your nerves and then some, but to be sick of them anyone who thinks taht doesn't need there kids.
    Anonymous

• Anon....I am glad that you are so damn perfect and never get sick of being a mom. However, in the REAL WORLD it happens. Try being supportive instead of a smartass. Thanks.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• no not being a smartass just love my kids, I've always wanted to be a mom, I'm proud to say that I am a mom and that I love kids. I mean seriously if you didn't want to be a mom you should have used some kind of control. being a mom is always pretty, and not parttime mom, mom all the time. how would any of you feel if heaven forbid something was to happen to your children or child and then what you'd probably think I wished I had more time with them well heres or chance
    Anonymous

• I have read over some of the answers and think I may have a different point of view. In regards to anonymous response, I think the question could of been worded a little different without using "sick of having kids"
    When I first read this question I was irate! Here I am doing everything to have a baby, gone through a couple miscarriages and now seeing a specialist to find out if I can have kids on my own or need to adopt. I long to be "annoyed" by my kids and cherish the thoughts of all the questions to come....
    But I aslo realize that every parent and couple need alone time. My brother and his wife never do anything alone and she is really strung out.......an hour alone would do her so good.
    You sound like a good mom with a bad choice of words that needs a cup of coffee by herself. Do yourself and your kids a favor and plan some alone time, you will be refreshed and probably a better mom to your kids in the long run.
    BBBBN

Answer by BBBBN at 10:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree with BBBBN. I know when my three older ones were extremely small there were times I felt a little overwhelmed and tired, especially since I had at that time little help from my husband. It's been years since I felt this way as my husband stepped up and has been more helpful, but also because my children are older and I have raised them to pick up their messes and some of the "nagging" of washing up and such isn't needed the older they get. For now, and I'm assuming you've got little ones that may be keeping you tired and worn out, just get up a tad bit earlier in the morning and take a few minutes, enforce bedtimes (children need 12 hours of sleep, and parents need at least a few of those twelve hours to catch up on housework and unwind after the days events), and give yourself those few moments of time even if it means you're having to do things a little more differently.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:10 PM on Nov. 17, 2008