Pizza Hut made me sick...should I contact the company?

My SO and I ordered a Deep Dish pizza from Pizza Hut last night, and it tasted damn good! However, when I woke up this morning, my stomach felt as if it had been rips to shreds! I had gas, cramping and diarrhea. My SO felt sick too, but not as severe as I felt. I'm still feeling sick.

Do you think I should contact Pizza Hut and tell them about my experience with their product? Or do you think I should just let it go? I only paid $16 (including tax and tip), but I don't appreciate spending my hard-earned money on something that made me feel so horrible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• You have no proof that it's the pizza that made you sick. It could have been something else, or it could have been some sort of stomach virus. Pizza isn't something that people typically get sick on, just because it's so thoroughly cooked. Now...if a bunch of people called and complained of being sick, then it would be proof that it was something that was bad in the food.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• When it comes to "fast food", I expect a degree of discomfort from it. If it was once and only me, I'd let it go. Every time, I wouldn't eat there. Everyone I ate with has the same problem, call the company.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It wouldn't hurt to call them in case any one else turns up sick. I've tried to do that on several occasions to no avail. Both times I've called the restaurant, they deny it had anything to do with them.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'd probably just let it go and not go there again..but yeah, that's just me.
    Anonymous

• im pretty sure they wont care that your tummy hurt this morning. I wouldnt waste my time if I were you.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would contact them, if they have more than one complaint come in they need to figure out what is wrong with their kitchen and you should get a free pizza out of the deal (at least you would if it were our family pizza place!).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would call and never order from them again.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2011