So FREAKIN rude!

So my sister calls me when she is cooking or cleaning on the weekends. We usually chat and catch up with each other about what happened that week. She has an annoying habit of yelling at her husband and children while I am on the phone with her. She does not cover the mouth piece, she just yells in my ear....CONSTANTLY. usually I ignore it, but today she went on a 5 minute tirade, yelling at her oldest son and her husband. Finally I just hung up, I bet she is still yelling and doesn't even know I am gone. GAH!

Am I the only one that thinks it is RUDE? And what would you do?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 7:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Rude!! I would have hung up too. Or asked her to call me back once it quiet around her house.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would have done the same thing! I hope she got the message. When you talk to her again tell her nicely that she needs to cover the mouthpiece..............and maybe stop yelling?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Last week I hung up too... she didn't get the message that time. I plan to keep doing it, so maybe eventually she will get it.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... I don't yell at people... but for the longest time I would chat with those I needed to, on my bluetooth, which sucks if I run water or anything at the same time... Hahahaha

But I figured if I was going t be stuck on the phone... make it productive!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• dont let her defend yourself.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would ask her to either cover the phone or put it on mute while you wait on hold, or tell her to call you back..before it happens again, I mean.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Why not just tell her that when she yells, while on the phone, it hurts your ear. So politely ask if next tine she can put it on mute, hold, or call you back.. And say that you had a ring in your ear all day after the last time,
    It is very rude, but i wouldn't tell her that. She might get defensive. So just attribute the request for health issues, of sorts.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have always thought it rude for someone to carry on a conversation with someone in the room with them while on the phone w/me. Answering a quick question is one thing, but just going "on & on" is very impolite. I would tell them, finish your convo w/them and when you're done, call me back. It's just simple phone etiquette!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2011