What breast pumps are good ?? i am having problems finding what one to get

what is a reasonable price for a breast pump and a good breast pump

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 8:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i had the medela pump in style advanced and it was good
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 8:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Once you use a good electric it's hard to go back to manual. Manuals are all I had except in the hospital when my son was in the NICU. My sisters and all of my cousins use(d) the Medela. They all rave about it. I believe they spent around $240 for them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I used medella pump in style. It was expense but I had twins and went back to work when they were 2 months old. I could not have breastfeed without it.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• The pump in style by medella is really worth the cost. If you are committed to breast feeding then it will be worth it. Just think about it in comparison to what formula would cost. One or two months worth of formula is what this pump costs. You can also go hands free wen pumping because it is so good.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• WIC gives pumps to moms. Just ask if u qualify.
    Anonymous

• Pump in Style by Medela. I believe they are about 200 dollars.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 9:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I use an Evenflo electric pump. It was about $40 at Wal-Mart. It has been great!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 9:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• try walmart
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It depends on how much pumping you'll be doing. If you are only going to be using it occasionally, the Avent manual pump is amazing. If you will need to pump when you go back to work, get a Medela or Ameda double electric. Yes, they are more expensive, but it is worth it. If you'll need to be pumping exclusively (for a preemie in the NICU), then you'll need to rent a hospital grade electric pump. Your local hospital should be able to direct you to a medical supply company that rents them, or some hospitals rent them. I prefer the Medela hospital grade pump, but the Ameda hospital grade pump works nicely, too.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i will be a stay at home mom my husband will be deploying and i only really want a single pump for like if i am on the go.
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2011