Have you ever have a car accident?

what happen and how did you resolved?

GlitteribonMom

Asked by GlitteribonMom at 8:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Travel

• a car t-boned me.my bestfriend was sitting in the passenger seat. remember seeing the car's headlights&thinking that i do NOT wanna be smashed between the car&the trafficlightpole so i held the steering wheel so tight against the impact that i broke my right hand. My friend luckily walked away with jsut bruises. As for the fault situation.since he came from the right they automatically made me the offender.Nobody listened to the witnesses that stated nobody saw him coming..in the dark...wtf!? there wasnt even any breakmarks on the ground he crashed into us fullspeed(bout 45mi).funny enough i saw the car that came before him, let her pass(she didnt see him in her rear mirror)but didnt see him!?yeah right.another witness(friend of my dad's i found out later..small world)said he saw him speeding doing at least double the speed limit(30mi).in the end i took his right away..whatever.my mom made it to the scene,husband2hospital...
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Technically, yes. I was 3. I climbed over the back seat, fell in to the front seat and knocked the car in to neutral. It then went down over the hill and landed in the living room of the house next door.

The cops listed ME as the driver...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I had a wreck when I had my learner's permit - so I was just 15 1/2 - wrecked my mom's car - I was a kid from out of town.... hit a doctor who was big in the tiny community.... so they called it my fault - I had to pay a ticket and insurance deductible (at the tune of 25 cents a chore for my mother - AWFUL!!) and worst of all, I had to call and tell my dad. NO FUN!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes some guy failed to yield at a 4 way intersection and he plowed into me and totaled my mom's car! Needless to say I was crying, shaking and very upset but thankfully unharmed. A nice guy took me to his house to call my mom at work and she had my dad pick her up and they both arrived at the scene. What is funny is it was 3 blocks from my Grandma's house and she saw the commotion as she was leaving for the store but did not know it was me. (I was on my way to see her). My mom's insurance went after the other driver and it was determined the other guy was at fault, so his insurance had to pay out for the accident. Unfortunately my mom was without a car for 6 weeks and none too happy about it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes. You call the police and swap info with the other driver. Then you call your insurance company and they refer you to an auto repair shop and your insurance company helps you with costs depending on fault.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 8:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• First time was on my way to (high) school, the car in front of me stopped too fast and the car behind me didn't stop fast enough, so I got rear-ended. Highway patrol came out, she was at fault and got the ticket. My mom got a check for the car (after a lot of hassle with their insurance), which was deemed totalled.

Second time was two days later, driving down the road at night with my headlights on, and an old lady pulled right out in front of me, too close for me to stop and nowhere to veer. Highway patrol came out again, she was at fault and got the ticket. My mom got a check for the car again (different car, obviously, and this woman's insurance didn't dawdle, much more pleasant to work with), which was also deemed totalled. A friend was with me for this one, and afterwards he said he was disappointed because he expected sparks and didn't get them. Boys.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• yes. i was 16 and me and now my DH was coming home from school (i was driving). The tire fell off of the car as we was going around 65-70. Hit the guardrail head on. Then it slug us across the road and we flipped over a hill and it finally landed on it's top. My finace got through out of the car and I was stuck inside. By God's grace neither one of us was hurt bad. Just banged up a little. I finally got out of the car and got to my DH and he carried me up the hill. The cop couldnt believe we actually got out and walked back up the hill. He kept saying "You guys was just in that car". The whole top of the car was crushed in on the seats, all the tires was knocked off of it, the front end was crushed back, and the truck was laying in the back seat. Nothing was ever done about it because I think the cops felt sorry for me. I was hysterical, and he was just trying to calm me down.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ..they told me that if i hadnt held the steering wheel so tight it would've been very ugly for me and my friend.they were surprised they didnt have to cut us out from the sheer impact...thanks to the car.shout out to my savior car: Mercedes Benz 1985 (as old as i am!!)..good German engineering,old cars were still made of steel..saved our lives..thanks lol
    Davina85

Answer by Davina85 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011