Careers for an Army Wife

When my husband returns I plan to go back to school. I've already taken the basic classes and just need a field of specific study. Being an Army Wife, we move every 3 years so I would need to find a new job in new places. No medical stuff, nursing or medical coding or medical assistant. Tried it but really not for me. I'm an office 9 to 5 kinda gal...or animals...preferably something I can get with 2 years of college. Any suggestions would be WONDERFUL. Thanks

m.riley

Asked by m.riley at 8:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• The best place that I can suggest for you to get job info is the ACS (Army Career Services). Military dependents have priority.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Accounting

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Look on base for contracting jobs. I found a good job as a contractor. There are a lot of programs to get spouses to work.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Vet assistance, office work in a doctor office, secretary, school bus driver.

I am looking at a social work, we are AF. GL
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 23 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!! We have a lot of Military Wives on our Team!

I would love to give you more information.

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website for all the details!
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I will be going to school to be a teacher soon. It is great for when they are deployed if you have kids because you have the same schedule and days off as your kids most of the time. If you have any interest then it would be something to check out.
    vchristineg

Answer by vchristineg at 9:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• If you have thought about working from home, Mary Kay might be perfect for you! You can recruit anywhere, not just locally and everyone is familiar with the products! If you have any interest, please PM me and I'd be happy to answer your questions!
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 12:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011