What can I take for a headache...pregnant

I'm 3 months along and expecting twins. Oh boy. I've had terrible headaches that last for days. My doctor says its normal but she can;t suggest anything besides rest. HELP!

m.riley

Asked by m.riley at 8:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• tylenol, regular old tylenol and drink more water
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• but if tylenol doesn't help, it's hormonal, and not much you can do for hormones. i sometimes would lay with cold compresses on my head. I have these rice pillows that I keep in the freezer for my neck and head. when I get a headache i put them on and they help ... because most of my headaches are swelling of the membranes or something. if that makes sense. good luck
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• When I was pregnant 5 yrs ago my doctor told me I could take regular strength tylenol. To be safe I would suggest you call your doctor, or ask a pharmacist to see what is safe.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have a friend who gets really bad migraines and she says that drinking gatorade helps. You might want to ask your doctor if gatorade is safe to drink - and if so try that and see if it helps.
    Anonymous

• Maybe a little bit of caffeine would help?
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 9:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• when my sister was pregnant with her DD the hospital gave her a demoral shot for her migraine
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 9:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• All OB's say Tynenol. I get the extra strength rapid release ones. I miss taking my Aleve!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 9:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I just got over the flu and I'm 19 weeks. I had the worst headache I've ever had for 3 days with this flu. I couldnt lay down or even touch my head. The doctor said I could take regular strength tylenol, but don't exceed over 4 grams a day.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Patacetamol is the only safe pain killer you can take whilst your pregnant and only in moderation, (all pain killers contain a pharmaceutical grade of opium, that's why they work so well and can become so addictive) especially since your at that vital stage during your pregnancy when your developing baby is very suseptible to anything you put in your body, remember anything you take your baby takes too.
    The best advice I can offer you is to drink plenty of water prferably mineral water and get plenty of fresh air if resting/sleep isn't working, a nice slow walk in a park or somewhere works wonders.
    Alot of the time headaches during pregnancy are caused by dehydration because your body's working overtime. , remember there's two of you there now.
    Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy. Your sooo lucky. :-)
    MEGZ180909

Answer by MEGZ180909 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• call the doc to be sure
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2011