Private or Public School

I have my 2 older children in public school but for some reason want to put my 3 yr old in private when the time comes? What is everyones advise and wonder how much it cost's??

brodymommie

Asked by brodymommie at 8:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in

• Wonder why you would want your older to in public and not youngest?
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Our private school tution was $325/month for full time, which is really low.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• it depents in your economy situation of course private school
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Its not that I want them in public I was just younger and didn't put much thought into it and I am a bit older and thinking about it.
    brodymommie

Comment by brodymommie (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Honestly, it depends what you are looking for. Private schools are more structured. They also teach religious morals and values. You would be sending your child to a school where those things are a priority to their classmates. And of course- some are very expensive.
    If your child needs extra support, then I would go public. Both schools offer a great education.
    Good luck .
    Jen1118

Answer by Jen1118 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My oldest is in a public charter school and I love it. It is still a public school, although it is run totally differently and it really fits him. My other 2 children are in public schools although I am thinking of pulling them and home schooling them for the next 2 years, My middle child is not really learning anything at this point and just goes to school for socialization and my youngest has been in and out the hospital this year so she has missed most of the year, The school is really giving us a hard time about her work eve though everything is documented and she is holding her own,.

I think that I would really have to look into the private school before I would go there,

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think it depends on the quality of the education, not whether it's private or public. Some private schools are great, others not so much. Here we have excellent public schools so I wouldn't even think of doing private school (although I did put them in private preschool - we don't have public unless you're low income). The price of private school can also vary widely - my brother is paying 5K/year/child for his sons educations. In some cases, it's less; in some cases; it's a lot more. All you can do is call the private schools in your area and ask.
    To me - it would be important for all of my kids to be in the same school, but that's your choice.

Answer by missanc at 9:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• why do u want to do this? seems unfair
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Our choice was private for a number of reasons. The first being that even the best schools here aren't that wonderful. Our speech delayed firstborn would have gotten lost in that system.

The school we did choose was for religious reasons as well as the education. My oldest was able to come out of his shell and is now on his way to truly realizing his potential. He was reading on a 12th grade level in 5th grade, as was his sister. They are in middle school and can handle the informational content of college text books. I know they wouldn't get that in the public schools here. But it does not come cheap. When they started tuition was 8K/per child/year. Now it is 15k per child/year, and I don't know how much longer we can do it. Luckily, we have given them an excellent foundation on which they can build if they do go to public for high school.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011