gnocchi

I need some fun ideas for cooking gnocchi. Wanting to decorate my kitchen with touches of Tuscany, I've gotten into cooking Italian dishes and I was wondering what fun ways I could do gnocchi? We tried it tonight for the first time only using alfredo sauce and some garlic/herb mrs, dash seasoning. It was good, a nice verge from tradional style pasta, but hubby is big on having meat on every dish. So, I need some ideas of making gnocchi!

imanixon2

Asked by imanixon2 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• my DH is Italian so ill ask him and let u know!
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 8:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You want a nice bolognese sauce.
    Start with Pancetta, olive oil, onions and garlic over low heat.
    add 1/2 lb ground italian sausage and 1/2 lb ground meat (you can use meatloaf mix, beef, pork.
    and brown. Add one jar of spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce and season to taste with oregano, basil italian parsley, salt and pepper.
    add a splash of cream (not milk) and heat through.
    Please don't ask me for ingredient amounts. I cook how my grandma taught me.
    toss your perfectly cooked dumplings and garnish. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I like it with pesto sauce, too, but I don't know how to make the gnocchi.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:27 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• my Dh makes a meat sauce, with ground beef, tomatoes, etc. cant tell the recipe tho cause its family secret! haha we own a restaurant, but I would try to find a recipe for a meat sauce if i were you! GL
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 10:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• When I had it in Italy they served it with a Gorgonzola cheese sauce. It was to die for!!! You could make a salad and some Rosemary, garlic, lemon grilled chicken since hubby "needs" his meat.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You can always serve meat on the side. Sausage and peppers would probably go well with it. Some grilled chicken. I like to have a little meat with my meals too.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008