How to start my own group?

I would like to start a group for stay at home parents of school age children. It's wonderful to have playgroups in the summertime but I would like to offer a group for parents to get together during the school year to help keep us active (and sane :-). Most playgroups cater to toddlers.

Vll

Asked by Vll at 10:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Go to groups and click "create a group".

Then promote it at http://www.cafemom.com/groups/promote_board.php

Talk to moms you know who might be interested. Ask the owners of some of the groups you're on if you can post about it (some might be OK with it while others won't allow it...so ask first!).
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I would like to be in a group like that.
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• What would you do at your group? Have a book club? Go to lunch somewhere? Just curious as to what you are looking for in a group while your kid(s) are in school? I started a book club...but nobody in it has school age children.
    shortcut

Answer by shortcut at 9:21 AM on Jul. 9, 2008