Blowing me off??? adult content

My s/o and I have been together for five months. We celebrated Christmas and New Years together. Now here comes Valentines Day and he says he is cynical old bast**d, and doesn't celebrate it. (his girls got taken back by the ex after she abandoned them all for four years) He says he would celebrate it with his girls and since they are not with him anymore he doesn't Celebrate it. NOW on Thrs. night he told me we could more than likely go eat a light lunch on Mon. and he knows I got him a gift. NOW it seems as though he is blowing me off and coming up crap to do besides eat with me. I have never been with a man who didn't do a little something on Valentines Day...is he blowing me off or are some people like this?? What the crap??

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• 1. You are not part of his past.

2. You should matter.

3. This is yours and His relationship.

I am sorry about his past......BUT IT DOES NO INVOLE YOU ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Be direct. Ask him.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 9:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• just tell him how you feel that you want to spend valentines with him im sorry your husband is treating you this way
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• sounds like he is upset about not having his girls to celebrate with like he has in the past
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 9:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have asked and all I get is the run around and being blown off....what I feel like anyway.
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It could be that he doesnt have his kids - I dont want to celebrate ANY holiday without mine -- but what you could do is ; Take his gift back -- meet him for the "light-lunch" and not mention Valentines to him -- If he is that important to you, he will appreciate your not nagging him about it. On the other hand -- if this man-made holiday is worth the fuss (even when his complaint could be legit) -- then go ahead and give his gift and try talking to him about how important this is to you.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It is important to me, I don't nag and don't want to to the point of pushing him away BUT I don't like the fact of feeling like I am "blown off" that is just crazy. Why not just TELL someone instead of doing all that??? It really makes me irritated to be done like that by anyone not just him. I am up and the air and don't know what to do.
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'm sorry you're upset, but it sounds like he's really upset about his family situation and missing his children. Valentine's Day was always special with my siblings and I with our mom after our dad left and it sounds like it was a special day for him with his kids. I would try to be supportive and help him through what must be a really hard time in his life.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 9:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'd be pissed too, though I don't know what to tell you. I dated a guy that was that way with Easter. I made him a basket, cuz thats what I do, and he said I dont' do easter. He could have picked me upa couple pieces of candy OMG lol - and that didn't stop him from eating the candy I bought him.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 11:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011