Do you feel like the right to say something??

If your s/o seems as though he is blowing you off. Do you feel you have the right to say something even if it is sarcastic just because it makes you ill?? Mine sometimes seems as though he puts the vibs out like I shouldn't complain or I don't have the right to speak my mind.

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel like open communication is important and you need to talk about those things.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My ex was liek that i never had the right to speak my mind r be concerned about fiances and shit...men can be asses try talking to hima nd telling him how you feel
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 9:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I always speak my mind. If my DH is acting like a pain in the butt I will make a sarcastic comment just to break the ice. Or I'll go up to him and say something like "what's up with you." Open communication is very important to us because we went through a period of time when we didn't have it and life was very hard for us,. Now that we talk things have been great!

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• UM, He married me as an outspoken, call it like I see it and I will tell it to your face kind of girl. For the most part he prefers it that way. Then he knows what is going on and we can talk about anything we need to discuss.

If you don't talk about something then how are you two supposed to be on the same page?
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I tell my dh how I feel. I feel I'm good about thinking before I say things, but he normally takes it wrong anyway. I think it's more the fact they don't like fact your pointing out their flaws, or that they kinda suck right now....

I think its better to put it out there, then sit and pout by yourself. When he know ps how you feel, he can deal with it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I try to talk to him and I am sure some of the ways I put things are not that great. I have been told I can be sarcasticly cold and I don't mean to be but it is like word vomit and it comes up and out without me thinking twice. Either way I feel as though I should be able to say something without him taking such defense. (I can understand it if I say something cold)
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think you absolutely have a right to say how you feel, but remember that you catch more flies with honey and that a lot of his response is going to based on HOW you say what you have to say. If you bring it up by making little digs and sarcastic comments then he's going to be on the defensive from the get go and you probably won't really get anywhere. I know because I catch myself doing this, I get irritated by something and at first bite my tongue, then I get more annoyed and make little comments. It usually leads to an argument but nothing gets resolved. Things work out better if I come back later and try to talk about the issue when we are both calm, I still say why I got irritated but I try to see it from his side, too, so he doesn't feel like all I have to say are negative things. There is always something I can do better, too, and it helps if I point that out along with asking him to do better.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011