What is the best way to get a recipe off of someone who doesn't like to share?

bekej

Asked by bekej at 9:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• what recipe? i bet you can google it lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'd just ask nicely, and tell her that you''ll give her the credit for the recipe!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It is a chocolate chip pound cake with cream cheese frosting. I found and tried a few recipes but none come even close.
    bekej

Comment by bekej (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i would tell them why is it for a kids bake sale is it to show your MIL you really can cook give them a good reason to share and they may
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Did you just ask for it?
    Xanthlover67

Answer by Xanthlover67 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have asked quite often. I have pleaded, begged, bribed, shamefully even once tried to trick her. She is not giving it up. I thought she was kidding me at first, my family loves sharing recipes.
    bekej

Comment by bekej (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Hmmm if you have tried everything you can think of and she still refuses then I would let it go and not ask her again. Evidently for whatever reason she just does not want that recipe to get out or she just is not a 'sharing' person. Do you know anyone else that has the recipe (maybe a family member of hers) or is there anyone else in the house (like maybe her daughter, or a sister) who might be able to get the recipe out of her and give it to you?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Give up. I have a recipe that everyone wants too and I do not and will not give it out. I was sworn to secrecy though by the person who shared it with me. So maybe it's not her recipe to share. The more you ask the more she's not going to want to share.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Weird....I consider it an honor when someone wants a recipe. Obviously, she feels differently.
    Sign and oath: I promise to give you all the credit when people rave about YOUR cake recipe. LOL
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• 50 lashes with a wet noodle ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2011