What is wrong with these people?

I live very near Greenville, SC which is now famous for the "toilet baby" (I'm sure you've seen it on the news). Then on the news a few days ago, I heard about the girl in California who killed her baby in the bathroom of her house and buried it out in her yard. And in North Carolina they found a baby who they believe was burnt at his parent's meth lab. I don't understand how someone could carry a child, have the child, and then mistreat it. I have had 2 miscarriages, and it breaks my heart that these people have took the gift of life for granted.

PhoenixsMommy10

Asked by PhoenixsMommy10 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't comprehend it either, there are a lot out there who would love to have children and can't and then you see this......

Answer by older at 8:01 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Take some time to consider how many babies haven't been found, that were killed by their parents for maybe the last 2000 years. At one time, not so very long ago, killing your child in the US was not a crime.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• That's so sad :( I live in NC and heard about the woman leaving the baby in the toilet but hadn't heard of the others yet. I hate watching the news, my mom watches it and everytime I go over there she tells me some horrible story that I can't get out of my head for the rest of the day, it makes me sick to my stomach to think of how cruel some mothers can be and I just can't understand it. I finally had to tell her to stop telling me those awful stories. I also heard about a little boy that colored on his moms sheets and she beat him to death :( my son just colored on my sheets the other day, I just told him not to do it again, I figure they can be washed and who see's your sheets anyways? It bothered me for days thinking about it. :(
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• As long as there are advocacy groups patting these sickos on the shoulder and telling them it's ok ... and fighting for leniency or excusing such behavior because of mental issues ~ instead of the entire population demanding a death sentence it is only going to get worse.

Imo anyone who stands beside one of these scumbags and defends them/makes excuses for them is JUST as guilty because they are clearing the way for someone else to do the same thing and get off with another light sentence, or a cozy vacation with bouncy walls and good drugs.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• people are sick have you ever seen children of murders or murderous women this thing has been happening for ever...I would like to choke mine sometime but never would...this people must have seaver mental problems
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 10:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I don't understand people either. The things they do to their children makes me physically sick. I'm with kayaiden8907, I try not to watch the news, because of things like this.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have joked with my son (he's six) for YEARS that if he didn't quit it (whatever silly thing he was doing) that I was gonna duct tape him upside down on the wall, JOKINGLY....turns out a mom in Nebraska actually duct taped her two year old to the wall and took pictures and now she is in jail....I don't feel bad for joking with my son that way, but it really makes me think twice about what I tell him around other people and who would actually take me seriously!

I understand what you are saying though...it's very sad that people would go through all the trouble and stress that pregnancy can be, just to harm the child...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yep. The woman in SC is now claiming that she is mentally ill. I don't understand how lawyers can defend someone they know is guilty of something like this. I don't think I would be able to sleep at night.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Comment by PhoenixsMommy10 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree, Op, I don't know how anyone could do such a thing...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I hare with you OP. I cannot understand how someone could choose to carry the baby to term, have the baby, and then mistreat it. It actually happened at my high school, the year after i graduated. A guy i used to know, dated this girl for a few months, they broke up. 6 months later, she is being arrested for murdering her baby. No one knew she was pregnant, and she had the baby in her room, and suffocated it with a pillow. I think the parents came in and found it, and took it to the hospital, but it was too late. The police took my guy friends DNA for testing, but it came back to be not his. Needless to say, thinking this was HIS baby for a week or two, and thinking she killed it, was devastating. He just kept saying "why didn't she tell me, or at least leave it on my porch or something. Why did she feel like she had to kill it?" it was awful. and now looking into my DDs eyes, i could never understand it. I love her too much..
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2011