Pergnancy test

i took a pregnancy test and the box didnt have a - or a +. But the the horizontal line in box 2 was there meaning it was working... what would that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I believe that would mean the test was invalid, i believe the vertical line is the one that shows it working. And if you are indeed pregnant than the horizontal line was show forming a +
    Mrs.Luff

Answer by Mrs.Luff at 10:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• u need another test
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 10:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree, try another test. I like the digital ones personally.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• instructions?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It depends on what kind of test it was. If it is a test where you'd expect a + or - sign, the horizontal line (-) is the control line to tell you the test works. The vertical line (|) is the test line that would show up if you are pregnant. A vertical line only with no control line means the test was invalid, it didn't work. You can call the number on the box and let them know, they may replace it for you. I'd grab another test. I prefer tests with two vertical lines and red dye. (Blue is too hard to read with the evaporation lines.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2011