What do I do with pesto?

I love basil, but I've never liked pesto. Too much of a good thing, I guess. Anyway, I have some pesto that I need to use up and I was wondering what else I could do with it, other than use it as pasta dressing.

SelaCarsen

Asked by SelaCarsen at 10:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• OH I would toss it with some grilled chicken strips and put it on a salad, or make a pizza with is (just use it as the sauce) or saute some chicken with it in a pan....sounds good to me!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree with MamaRoberts sounds good.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Worst case scenario... stick it in a ziplock and throw it in the freezer! I love Costco, but in bulk... gotta freeze stuff so it doesn't go icky!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't use it as the sauce, I like to put it on the bottom of a plate, just a thin layer on the plate. Then put cheese stuffed ravioli on then some Alfredo sauce. Oh it is yummy! Or make some cheese stuffed tortillini with a bit of pesto sauce and regular red sauce, and put on some sliced chicken breast.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Put it on top of salmon and bake. Toss it with mixed vegies.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Pizza sauce, sandwich spread, pour in some olive oil and use it to dip bread, bake chicken or fish, put it in an ice tray and freeze it.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• But, I love to use this stuff on tomato and zucchini relish for a light bread spread with spaghetti dinner, or use it as the only sauce over tortellini
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 11:30 AM on Feb. 14, 2011