Obama cutting active duty soldiers to "help" our economy...

My dh (army) just got the news today that Obama, in order to cut back on funds and help our economy, is going to start cutting soldiers from being active duty. so, since that's going to happen, the National Guard and the reserves will be merging and sending their soldiers over on tours without their families more often than normal.

IMO, DUMB IDEA. sure, lower our defense, so next time we're attacked, we can't do anything about it. but at least we'll have money right?

thoughts?

no, i don't have a link. he said he doesn't believe this has been mentioned to the press (or whoever) yet. this came from the higher up in his company. it's not in effect until 2013 ( which, really, it means the fiscal year, which is 2012)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We'll all be slaves by 2014.
    Anonymous

• We really need a link to be able to discuss the issue coherently.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• He's a ass! And clueless!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have heard same thing....Bro-n-law in Army. In my opinion we shouldn't still be there at all............
    Anonymous

• – collapse
    Anon....yea cause bush did so much better!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! My son is active duty (Air Force). WTH! Who does Obama think will be ready to defend our country should he do this? Thank God he won't be President too much longer.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• im not sure why people still bring up everything this man does? is it just to complain because you have nothing else better to do? It wont get him out of the white house... you complaining wont change what he is (or isnt in most cases due to people being brainwashed by lying radio and news) doing. find something else to occupy yourself with, like maybe volenterring at a homeless shelter, or go recycle something to help our planet... get a life.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 10:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• That would be the role of the Secretary of Defense.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I wonder why everything this administration does won't go into effect until AFTER the next presidential election? If he believed in it so much and it was so great, why not start it now? Is it because he knows if it was enacted now he wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell to be re-electeed?

I'm really hoping he doesn't get re-elected. I don't think our country can survive all this hope and change.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Maybe we are just going to drop a neutron on the enemy and get it over with. Not many troops needed for that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2011