My son sleeps in a box

We bought a new washer 3 days ago. Since then my son has been using the box it came in as a house. He's slept in it in the living room for the past 3 nights.

Have your children ever picked somewhere weird to sleep?

It's been great for us actually since we've been trying to kick him out of our bed.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 10:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• 2 things.. a few years ago the brown box made the all time top 100 favorite toys list. When my son was6 we bought a new refrigerator. He decorated it and made it his 'fort' in his room. He slept in a sleeping bag in his 'fort' for most of 6 months. We finally convinced him to let us move it to the garage. For the next year we pulled that sucker in and out of the garage for him and his friends to play in. This same child is now 28. On his FB page..is a pic of him, his brother and his best friend Nick in front of the fort :) It works.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• LOL dont ya LOVE it?!?!? Wenever we get anything big I ALWAYS ask to keep the box and the kids play in them for hours playing house drawing on them, watching movies or just hanging out. LAst time we got a new dishwasher I asked the delivery guy for the box since he left it in the truck he thought i was strange and even stranger when I asked if he had anymore when i realizd he had left mine in the truck...yeah...my kids had a whole box town in our yard for a few weeks ....it was a very peaceful few weeks let me tell ya!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Ya know what they say what ever works!! That is to cute.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• No because if we allow them to sleep in odd spots then they never go to sleep. So its bed, and that is there only choice.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• We buy diapers by the box, and we definitely keep them. Our DS loves to play with them. Why buy them a toy when a box can be whatever they want/need it to be.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My son has an actual real tent on his bed! LOL we just took off top mattress and put tent on box spring then put mattress back in tent! He luvs it! full size bed works great an we just got the $30 tent at walmart and it transformed his room!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Cute*~... "no harm no foul"... sleeping in the box is normal... and I hope you are taking pictures!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ha ha ha! My boys would so do that too!!! They just have not had the opportunity yet.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:17 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Mine has not yet. But it is only a matter of time. Children have the wildest imaginations.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 12:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No. My kid has always used a bed. My cat sleeps in a box.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011