Does your teen surprise you sometimes? Do they actually show you they love you sometimes?

My oldest son today brought me over a long stem rose, a really nice card, and a candle. I cant believe how much he has changed since having his child. He went from a kid that was so troubled, and I was so worried about him...to a hard working, fantastic dad...and the best son a mom could ever ask for. I hear more, " I love you". He even wrote me a letter a couple of months ago telling me how sorry he is for putting me through a lot since he turned in to his teen years. I always felt like I did something wrong as a single mom to four kids. I often wondered what did I do wrong, well I am done questioning myself..because I raised a young man that I am beyond proud of. I must have done something right. I hope everyone that has teens that are giving them a hard time, have kids that grow older and start to show you how much they appreciate everything you ever did for them. I am now going through the teen years with my thirteen year old, isnt it great lol. ummm not! But in the end, I truly believe if you give you kids all the love and respect in the world, they will change and tell you how much the appreciated you as they grow up. My son is doing this at almost seventeen...because I think he is maturing as a father, and knows how hard it is. But I am sure when our teens are in their early 20's they will look back and say sorry mom for giving you migraines ;)

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• ~*Awe*~... every once and a while I see a sneak peek of my son that I love in him... he's 15, so he's still in that slightly selfish/lazy stage... ohh, and the all knowing teenager stage! Hahahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes, I def went through that! And now I am going through it with my thirteen year old. My thirteen year old is really good in school, and doesnt go out much...but he always feels he has to have the last word! so frustrating.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Oh yes, my boys gave me hell. But now my 18 year old says the sweetest things to me. It takes me back to when he was 3 and he was a major momma's boy. Sometimes you think they aren't listening but then a few years pass and it all comes together!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My 14 yr old son shows me he loves me everyday, just like I show him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Surprise me by showing they love me? No. My sons have never forgot a bday of mine or their dad's, they remember our anniversary & get us gifts (since they were old enough to make us something) and they are very affectionate, even as adults. They tell us they love us every time they get off of the phone, they hug us before they leave the house, etc.. I would be surprised if they DIDN'T show their love for us.
    Anonymous

• Both of my boys show me they love me every day. I get hugs every day and a kiss on a the cheek from my older son. My youngest tells me he loves me every night. They both like to cuddle on the couch with me and watch movies, we talk every day about all kinds of things. I know they love me every day, just as I make sure they know I love them everyday.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2011