Is it just my husband or all husbands become less romantic and less intrested in you after you have a baby?

after i had my baby i gained a lot of weight i tink tat ws y he changes he says tats nt true hes js busy bt i find it rly hrd 2 believe......
x

sidra786

Asked by sidra786 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I think they're a tad jealous of the baby. You were giving all your time to him and now he has to share you, they're like children too sometimes, lol Everything will be fine, you'll see :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• it may be weight.  a man wont be honest with you abou that...  try doing something about it.  in the mean time, dont get on him about it, just try to give him attention, make sure SOME of his needs are met (its hard cuz baby does come first)..  make him some nice dinners a few times a week, keep your self 'put together'  (get out of the sweats), and plan a date night a few nights out of the month.  its a HUGE adjustment for both of you....  both mentally and physcially.  Life will never be like it was before, but we can do our best to keep it somewha similar...  do you cosleep?  It might be part of the issue too..

good lcuk.

VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 10:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• tnk u kathy nd valvet ur answers hv gv me mr undrstanding of wt cud be ta reasons... it is rly hard oviously as u no yea we do slip in seprate rooms cuz of my son he wakes up early nd disturbs my hubby nd he hs 2 go wrk so i tld him he cn sleep in ta guest room so i supose it does make sence tat cud be ta reason.. iv lost a lot of weight nd still continueing it...
    tnks...........
    x
    sidra786

Comment by sidra786 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• That was not at all the case with my husband.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It's really hard to read your question and your second post....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Vowels are your friend.  Please use them.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... try spicing things up, do something out of the blue he wouldn't expect, or whatever is wild and out of character that he'd notice... try making out in the car like teenagers... having rose petals lead to you in a bubble bath... whatever it takes to grab his attention BACK where it belongs!!!

My husband is still if not more attracted to me, and sometimes I wished I could take a vacation from his hands... Hahahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think mine was more wanting me while I was prego and after....Things didnt change for him but they did for me...My girl is 3 now and I still dont want sex like he does or even like i used too....maybe you are thinkin to hard about it sex is not the main thing in a marriage i think alot of people think it is....just my opinion
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 4:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Relationships change over time. We have 4 kids and our relationship changed after every kid. Maybe make sure he sees you making an effort to loose some weight. I have never lost that much honestly but I do let him see me exercise and eat healthy food. He appreciates the effort. He is probably tired after the baby. It is not only physically exhausting, it is emotionally exhausting for both parents. Be patient with him.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Definitely not the case with my DH either. I've had 4 kids and gained a TON of weight(other issues are at work here too, just sayin' lol) and he's still just as amorous and loving as he was when we were first married. I'm a lucky gal ;)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:35 AM on Feb. 14, 2011