For fresh fruits and veggies....

Farmers Market or local store produce section?

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 10:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• In between. I try to shop the local ethnic markets - usually Arab or Asian. They often have the freshest stuff at really good prices.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'm really lucky We have 3 Farmers markets on three different days a week all within 5 miles of my house. On top of that in the summer we have roaside stand where the produce is literally picked the day before. I only buy from stores if I'm stuck and have no choices. Although I like the tip at ethnic markets. I will have to see what we have near us.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• fresh local and select well by eye.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Both, but I only hit the farm stand when I know it's stuff that's local and in season. Most of them fill in with things that are shipped in so the shelves look fuller.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My garden ;). Though in the winter the grocery store is my only choice. I use the farmers market to supplement my garden in the summer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I prefer the local farmers market but in the winter have to settle for the store produce section
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011