Who in your "real life" knows you are conceiving?

My husband and I aren't telling many people that we are TTC. In fact, I told one SIL and one friend, and that's it! We figure that puts less pressure on us "to produce" and leaves the process more of a private thing.

Anyway, I am so excited and also so frustrated that it would be really nice to talk to my mom. I'm just hesitant for a variety of reasons.

So, I'm curious: who have you told?

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have only told my 2 best friends. I agree with you about it not putting pressure on is to conceive. Also, we think that not too many people would be very happy with the fact that we are not married yet. I dont see a problem with it because we are in no rush to get married. We kno we will be together forever and we want out wedding to be perfect, but we are ready to start a family now. But i think it is best not to tell a lot of people because that is more questions of 'has it happened yet' and if it hasent it just frustrates you even more because you want it to happen
    arkelly2188

Answer by arkelly2188 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I've told no one.
    I really don't think anyone needs to know besides you and your SO.
    BMariee

Answer by BMariee at 4:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• know one knows I guess that is why I spend so much time on the internet :)
    sierramagic

Answer by sierramagic at 2:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I told my sister and my DH told his brother. Thats it! I too didnt want to be in the spotlight! Good luck!
    gump

Answer by gump at 5:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011