“Mullah Barrack Hussain Obama” or “Allama Obama.”?

I do believe this is a first for a US president.

ISLAMABAD – In a development that could be duly termed as one and only of its kind, an incumbent Government’s Minister has urged US President Barrack Obama to offer Eid prayers at Ground Zero Mosque and become “Ameer-ul-Momineen” of Muslim Ummah.
Minister of State for Industries and former member Pakistan Ideological Council Ayatullah Durrani called TheNation on Wednesday to register his demand made to President Obama.
“The coming Eid would expectedly be observed on 9/11, this a golden opportunity for President Obama to offer Eid prayers at Ground Zero and become Amir-ul-Momineen or Caliph of Muslims. In this way, all the problems of Muslim World would be solved,” he thought.
Durrani argued that Muslim World was in “dire need” of a Caliph and the distinguished slot of Caliphate would earn President Obama the exemplary titles of what he termed, “Mullah Barrack Hussain Obama” or “Allama Obama.” “The time is approaching fast. Barrack Hussain Obama must act now. This is a golden opportunity, Muslims badly need it,” he added, saying that the elevation of President Obama to Muslim’s Caliphate would be the “key to success.”

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• What a load of nonsense .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• That's just great.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• That's B.S. What about what the Americans need! I'll be so pissed off as well as millions of other Americans if he actually goes through with this ridiculous plan!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Kathy, I seriously doubt he intends to go through with it.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• After doing some surfing of other articles about it, those proposing it seem to be as clueless as Obama is.

That being said, he hasn't shown me anything in the way of international OR religious smarts so far ... my thoughts are if he thinks the riots in Egypt are disconcerting, he ain't seen nothing yet. Try shoving this down the throats of the American people after the uproar about that mosque in the first place and he would likely think that a vacation in a hornet's nest would be much nicer.

The more I read the news (especially Obama news) the happier I am that I live way out in the boonies.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• This would not be a good idea...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Where do you even get this stuff? lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Carpy, I'm sure you're right, but it makes my blood boil everytime I hear about all this politically correct crap we Americans SHOULD do to make everyone else happy!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Stacy, it was on MSN ( http://news.in.msn.com/international/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4337606) IndiaTimes, yahoo, Fox.... Worth questioning and discussing? perhaps... OP, this was interesting when it came out... Amazing how "some" see our president throughout the world.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Stacy, it was on MSN
    ___________________
    Yeah, a year ago. lol the guy is obviously nutty. I don't know what's worth discussing...this is more a trying to be pot stirring thing. Look at the poster you made all crabby about the pc crap? lol. Looks like you succeeded.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2011