Is it ok to send a guy a simple text after a date...

...and let him know you had a good time? Just a very simple "had a good time" message? Or is that too forward? It happened today and he hasn't called.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• yes
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 11:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Didn't you tell him you had a good time when you parted company? If you've told him once, that is enough. To tell him a second time would look pretty obvious, I think. There are some guys who prefer to do the pursuing rather than to be the one who is pursued. I would wait for him to make the next move.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I won't be calling him or pursuing him...just wanted to make sure he knew I had a good time, so he will call me...lol. I sent him a simple "enjoyed today" message and will leave it at that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would probably do the same, but I also think the guy might see it as pushy if he's not super into you. If that makes any sense at all. LOL
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 11:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Awe*~ ...any man worth it, and deserving of you will nt have any isses with how/who you are!!! Him not calling could just mean he doesn't want to seem desperate.. but guys are not much different than we are... I grew up around mainly males, than went on to have mainly male friends, than hubby and three sons! If anyhting I relate better to males than females!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Well...it was just this afternoon that we went out, so it is a little soon for him to call...right? I didn't expect him to call by now...I just wanted him to know I had a good time. Now he knows and if he doesn't call...it's his loss.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would have waited and see if he would of thought of me and wondered what happened atleast like this you are not letting him know you are thinking of him I am sure he knows you guys had a nice date. By you letting him know he might think...oh great I hope she doesn't get to lovey dovey on me...even though I understand how you feel but men are weird they'll freak out and run :/ Sorry I could be very wrong...it's just my opinion. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would have waited a day to text, but a simple message shouldn't send him running lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• If it feels right, then go for it. A simple text shouldn't hurt :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Well...he replied with..."You are more than welcome" I guess now I wait.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2011