A question to those who have ever lost weight. Is this normal?

Ok, so I have been on a strict healthy diet. I am cutting out all carbs, sugar, etc. I have been eating a lot of fiber, salad, grilled chicken, and greens. I have not been starving myself and I have lost seven pounds in 8 days. Is that possible? Is that normal? I am thinking I am just loosing water weight, what do you think. And yes my scale is accurate lol...I even went over to my best friends house, because I didnt believe it.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Health

• good for you first off! First of all it sounds like you are loosing weight because of the lack of carbs and sugar which cuts most of the fat and sugar out of your diet. You might feel off for a few days bc your body will cleanse itself but eventually add a low amount of carbs back and you will be able to maintain a healthy weight. ( Carbs are what cause a lot of weight issues but we need healthy carbs to function properly. That being said cutting out carbs as a cleansing weight loss program can be good for you temporarily.)
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 12:17 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think that some of it is water weight, and some of it is fat.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I am going to be so disappointed next week when it goes down slow lol. thats what I thought it could be. But now will come the frustration. Well, hey at lest Im doing it.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I know thus is gonna sound like i watch too much TV, and they would probably be right, but go to Dr Oz website, www.DoctorOz.com
    But while u r losing weight, and BTW, COOL!! But cutting out all that is setting yourself up for failure in the long run. Anybody, well docs anyway and maybe a few other people will tell, there is really no such thing as a "diet". Anybody can lose weight by excerising and eating in moderation. U can have that chocolate cake, but not the whole cake, and of course avoid fried foods if u can, they aren't healthy anyway. Another thing, if u eat say 900 calories, excerise as long as it takes to get rid of the calories u just ate. But like I said, go to Dr Oz's website and hit "recipes" and there are actually alot of them are really good! There is one called "100 Calorie Brownie" and it tasted really good, surprized the hell out me I tell u that!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2011