Would u buy for just a few friends or give nothing at all?

its my DD preschool vday party tomorrow. The kids can bring gifts for their friends. we have been so busy this weekend or i would have baked something for her class. Anyway, I just made a quick run to the store and decided to grab some heart-shaped chocolate treats for a few of her friends. I couldnt afford to get for the entire class of 30. But now im torn. I feel bad for not affording to get something for the whole class, but at the same time she is just excited to give the gifts to her closest friends in her class (about 5 girls and her teachers). The other kids are bringing something for the entire class anyway, so its not like they wont be getting anything at all. Anyway, I guess I just want someone to make me feel better about it :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would buy for the entire class.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Honestly*~... it would break my heart to think of those that end up left out because they were not part of the inner circle... couldn't there of been something on a smaller scale for all? I prepared weeks inadvance for my son, and put together treat bags, with mini candybars, candy, and so forth... I couldn't imagine not doing soemthing for all
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'd hand the special treats to the friends after school. Don't worry about it, your heart was in the right place. 30 kids is a lot!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ok heres the thing...most of the kids are bringing something for the entire class, so no kid will be left with nothing. Its just hers is on a lower scale and only for 5 people.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I understand both sides. I get irritated with the rules that you have to bring for everyone or no one. My GD can't invite just the girls from her class for her birthday. She has to invite everyone or nobody. I can't wait until they are old enough to exchange phone numbers. Then we can call or send invites to homes. I would have your DD hand the treats out before or after class..not during.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• most classes make you bring stuff for the whole class.
    Anonymous

• @GrnEyesGrandma ... my son's class at the beginning of the year gives out the class list, with all phone numbers, emails, and address of the class... this way we can all avoid having to invite kids in front of others! I dislike that everyone had my home address, but it helped stop the drama and so forth... mostly no hurt felings of those that don't get picked

It still breaks my heart because even though others are doing for all, I am sure thee will be other little girls feeling left out... "to each their own" and people are going to do what they are going to do
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• In my daughters class they have little folders that the daily sheets and art work go in for the parents to take home every day. I would put them in that. I am going to do something similar for her birthday. If they dont have those just put them in the cubby in the morning when you drop off and honestly no one will ever know. I can say that as a preschool teacher too. No parent will actually know that so and so got something from your child but their child didnt unless you and your daughter make a huge deal about it. With my daughters invites I plan on going in when I pick her up at the end of my shift and just putting the invites in the folders for the girls were inviting. No one will know the differance
    mrssmitley1210

Answer by mrssmitley1210 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If it were me I'd hand them out before or after class, or let my child actually mail the 5 personal valentine's and treats, cause he enjoys sending letters. My son's school is also all or none, if he brought just 5 they'd make him keep them in his book bag and not allow him to pass them out, But I also understand 30 is a lot, my son only has 17 including himself. So just have her catch them on the way out the door, most the kids will be too excited telling mom/dad about the party to even notice.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would never show up with treats for only a few, and not the entire class. If you want to give to specific friends only, do it before or after class. As a former teacher I did not allow treats to be passed out unless there was one for EVERYONE. As far as invites go (I see some comments about that), I NEVER wanted that done during CLASS TIME. Again, BEFORE OR AFTER school is appropriate if something is not involving the ENTIRE class. :) :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011