Fibromyalgia (people who have it)

i have this but i cant take the drugs for it bc i need to pay$800 a month for it is there anything else out there i cant see the doctor yet bc insurance wont pay for the visit

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 11:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Health

• I have found that diet, exercise and lots of rest have been made me healthier and happier than any drugs did. My husband and I worked hard to remove common stress triggers from my life and I do everything in my power to get 8 hours of good sleep a night (not so easy with babies!) I have also found prayer to be a powerful tool in my pain management. Training myself to enter into a deep state of prayer (or meditation) has worked well for me. I also try to be as positive as I can about my situation and the pain. Being negative makes it worse. I have also used something called 024 Fibromyalgia with some success..although it smells VERY strongly! http://www.024zone.com/

Good luck, I hope you find something that helps.

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:09 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I tried Lyrica, but couldn't keep taking it because it made me so dizzy. There is no generic for it either. I take Celebrex. I asked my doctor for samples. Then I called the manufacturer's number on the box and asked if I qualified to get it for free. I did. They send you a form. You fill out part of it, and your doctor fills out part of it and signs it. When you send it back, they send your medication to your doctor and you just have to go pick it up. They send a 3 month supply. You might want to give that a shot. I also take a muscle relaxant which helps alot. OTC meds don't do a thing. Taking hot baths helps. Massage does wonders, but I haven't gotten one in years. Nobody really does that where I live. :( I use a muscle rub when I have to, but it smells bad. Good luck hun. Hugs.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I tried Lyrica too popzaroo..and found that memory disappeared! I couldn't remember movies I'd seen or books I'd read. My husband wold get so frustrated because I wouldn't remember conversations. Did you have that side effect too?
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I found this on Dr Oz's website..."Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum Answered: There are numerous natural and prescription therapies that can decrease fibromyalgia pain. To cure the fibromyalgia requires eliminating whatever its root cause is, and then restoring energy production with the “SHINE Protocol.” SHINE stands for Sleep, Hormonal support, Infections, Nutritional support, and Exercise as able. This requires a comprehensive approach. To find a physician who knows how to treat you, I recommend the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers nationally. In addition, there is a free "Symptom Analysis" that can analyze your symptoms (and, if available, even analyze your lab testing) to determine what is causing your CFS/fibromyalgia. It will then tailor a treatment protocol to your specific case using a mix of natural and prescription therapies. You can then work with your local physician using this protocol. I hope this helps anybody.

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:53 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I love yoga. It is calming and exercises your muscles, which I think is vital in managing fibromyalgia pain. I have a few dvds I do, and try to do a little cardio twice a week and that seems to really help with all my symptoms. And I try not to eat too much greasy or fatty food. I feel like it weighs me down and makes me even more sluggish.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• is any of ur pains so bad that u can even get a hug i have a two month old and when she kicks me i feel like crying? so im wondering if its something else is wrong with me. i dont try to think of the pain or be low even tho it hurts to do anything .playing with my three year kills me:*( but thanks for the advise ill look in to them all cus i need help now
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i like tobys mommy's answer...and if you can see a chiropractor. a finely tuned nervous system is good for everyone.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My mother has it and she is going to a hemopathic person and is getting better.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011