I was cleaning my bathroom with 409 an lysol an when i got done i been coughin every since so i went to sleep an got up an got short of breathe could i have harm my baby just askin because my throwth feels odd i have to keep clearin it

quetta669

Asked by quetta669 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Health

• You maybe are having an allergic reaction?
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 12:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Either an a allergic reaction or a reaction to mixing chemicals. If you're not feeling better tomorrow call the advise nurse just to allieviate your worries.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• U should probably see your OB or at least call them about your coughing, but as for the baby, I wouldn't think so, unless u do clean like this alot. The placenta filters out of that stuff.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Here is some stuff I use to be able to clean my house......

..1 tbsp of Borax powder (find it in the laundry aisle of your supermarket)
    3 tbsps of white vinegar
    2 cups of water
    1 tablespoon of dish soap
    1 drop of essential oil such as peppermint for fragrance (optional) Then put it in a spray bottle, mix it up.
    For windows, use white vinegar wiped down with newspapers, and to disinfect toys and other kids' products fill a spray bottle with non-chlorine bleach (3% hydrogen peroxide) and wipe with a paper towel.

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• If u like the fresh veggies or fruits or like the organic stuff heres another cleaning I found on the net.. The vinegar in this spray has natural anti-bacterial properties, while the lemon juice is a natural astringent. The solution works to both breakdown and clean off pesticides.
    Ingredients:
    1 cup water
    1 cup distilled white vinegar
    1 tbsp baking soda
    1/2 of a lemon
    Directions:
    Combine all ingredients in a large container. Transfer to a spray bottle with a pump. Spray mixture on produce and let sit for 5 minutes. Scrub and rinse.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Stop using chemicals. If you are interested message me and I can email you some ready-to-go documents of homemade cleaning recipes including antibacterials. I teach a community education course on green living and it includes a series on housekeeping, so I have the handouts saved to my computer and am always happy to share them.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Those chemicals may have combined and burned your throat. I have had reactions to bathroom cleaning products too. I would do so far as to hold my breath for as long as I could, clean, run out of the bathroom and gulp in air. Weird, I know, but I kept from breathing the toxics in .
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Do not use that product unless you can open a window. You got bad side effects from that.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2011