My SO is Mr. Mom and actually knows how I feel now

So, my SO lost his job last July. He is a cowboy and there was no work to be found and prob wont be until March. I lost my job in october when my parents gave up their business. We have managed since then by doing odd jobs. Now I have a new job that I started last week. My mom and SO have agreed to share the babysitting since SO still does some odd jobs. Neither of my kids are his (except he has taken over the Daddy spot on my younger so really 1 is his). The last 3 days he has had them and done ok, even took them fishing yesterday. Today, I come in and he's so frazzled trying to get dinner ready and the kids are screaming through the house playing and he said he's ready to pull his hair out. All I said was "welcome to my world" he said "i never thought it was this tough, i tried to get the house somewhat clean but damn, i didnt have 2 seconds" HAHA...it feels good!! So I gave him a kiss and said thank you for dinner. Now maybe he will appreciate what I have done for so long.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 11:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband became a SAHD when our business closed over a year ago. He certainly had his eyes opened taking care of two homeschooled children, two elderly people, two houses and 50 acres of property! At one point he asked me how on Earth I had managed to do it for a decade without losing my mind! I reminded him that I frequently lost my mind. He's gotten very good at being a SAHD by now and I am careful to be appreciative because I KNOW it's not easy!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You are so lucky!! I WISH DH could see what my day is! I have 2 kids ( 3 with him!), I go to school full time and work part time ( my youngest goes to work with me), and I'm having to keep on top of EVERYTHING all day, every day! So, excuse me if I want to slap DH in the face when he says I have no reason to be tired at the end of the day!
    jalvarez626

Answer by jalvarez626 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I wish my SO would try it out and see what its like. But i doubt he would put in as much effort as i do everyday with teaching her what she needs to know for school, not in a bad way. Im just a little overboard with the teahcing, i guess you could say. My 22 month old DD can say her ABCs completely, count to 10, knows a lot of word in different languages,.. Etc. And i know he isn't as concerned as me with all that. Lol
    I just wish he could see it's not as easy as he thinks it is. Sure, watching her by himself for a few hours every so often is easy.. But everyday.. Not as easy...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:35 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I always tell my DH that he wouldn't last a week here at home. lol Kudos to yours for being such a trooper, though!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2011