What should I do from here?

Ok so I posted last night asking what I could do to help my DD go to the bathroom, and she FINALLY just had an adult size bowel movement, no joke but it was painful for her. Also, her belly is still big and hard. Should I still take her to the Doc anyway just to have her checked out or should I just treat it at home with something?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Take her to the doc to be safe and ease your mind. Maybe the dr can pinpoint why dd is having bowel problems. My son used to hold his in for DAYS up until a week! He did this when he was 4-5 and it was all because his grandmother was too impatient for him to go on the toilet. She would hurry him up and so he started telling her he didn't have to go when really he did. Then the mass in his bowels became larger and drier as the days went on and he would be in a lot of pain and would be afraid to poop because it was hurting.This happened CONTINOUSLY for about a year. It was by far the worst thing I've dealt with! His grandmother was all mad at me then because ds was crying in pain, telling me that I needed to do something about it, insinuating it was my fault. Prior to him visiting her house he NEVER had this issue. Sorry to ramble but I guess you see the point lol.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:30 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• if her belly is hard then i would def take her in. It is a good sign that she went though, i would just def get her checked out and maybe keep giving her something like prune juice to help it pass
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• sounds like she needs some miralax...you need to take her and let them do an xray to ensure no obstruction in her intestines...my dd use to get this all the time
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:26 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It is always better to be safe than sorry. Take her to the doctor to be sure.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i agree better to be safe
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2011