Candy Apple sticks

Hey ladies, so I would love to make candy apples for my daughter's pre-school Thanksgiving party next week. Where can I find the sticks used to hold the apple? I live in Southern California, can you guys think of any stores besides on-line? I kind of want to avoid the shipping cost which comes out more then what I'm actually buying. thanks in advance

Mommyx2BG

Asked by Mommyx2BG at 8:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• i got mine in the craft section at wal mart and the one brand of caramels has the sticks in it
    cant remember the brand off hand
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• they sell the sticks along with the apple kits or buy craft sticks at your local craft store
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yeah, I've actually found the sticks in the produce section by the apples themselves. Otherwise I would just use popsicle sticks from the craft isle. They're probably a lot less expensive anyway!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008