Do you think its ok to mix religions

i like different beliefs from christianity,hinduism,wicca,and toa

CoffeeDurga

Asked by CoffeeDurga at 12:28 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Christian but am interested in the Catholic religion as well as Wicca.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• wicca is a very open minded religion it seems. ive only practiced the christian faith but hold the beliefs of others
    CoffeeDurga

Comment by CoffeeDurga (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Life is short and since none of us are getting out of life alive...why not!
    cookingwdenay

Answer by cookingwdenay at 12:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• some say u cant mix christian and pagan beliefs
    CoffeeDurga

Comment by CoffeeDurga (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My niece who is Methodist was planning to marry a guy who was Catholic. It didn't go too well with her parents. But eventually, it didn't matter, she decided to break off their engagement.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• thats odd they are both christian religions
    CoffeeDurga

Comment by CoffeeDurga (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Well let me put it this way.... you can do whatever you want ... but if you chose to bring in other religions and mix it with Christianity ... it is basically saying God isnt good enough and His Word is not good enough... it also says Worship the Lord your God and only Him shall you serve ( not in a slavery way but in an honorable way) . When it is decided to join other pagan beliefs with Christianity it dishonors God. Lastly ... Light cannot dwell with darkness Evil cannot mix with Good.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• wicca has nothing to do with evil, and its not about just god its about how you see god
    CoffeeDurga

Comment by CoffeeDurga (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I believe there is a common message found in each of the faiths, so really, from my experience and understanding they all compliment each other, and that common message is reinforced by applying teachings of other prophets/sages/teachers from other faiths to our own. I'm a pluralist (believe in the equal validity of each faith) and a syncretist (pull from different faith traditions), though, so I'm rather biased. I have a foundation in Christianity, and feel a strong connection to other faiths as well. I have felt/found God through each of the faiths I have studied. There are teachers/teachings from each that I admire and incorporate into my own faith.

I don't believe that there has to be any contradiction, that just because I'm a Christian means I can't recognize the truth found in other faiths. If anything, I think Jesus would have done the same thing, instead of focusing on the differences and excluding anyone...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think it's 100% ok - not everyone will find one religion that fits. I'm a Buddhist, and hold onto those teachings, but I know other Buddhists that also embrace Wicca, and even some aspects of Christianity. The important thing is that you find your own spiritual path, regardless of the labels applied to the teachings.

Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2011