Have you used Space Saver bags?

I bought some and am trying them out. I have already used a couple on my son's baby blankets but I have a lot of old baby clothes that I don't want to get rid of quite yet, so today I bought more space saver bags for those. So far, so good. But if you have use them, how long did they hold up for and how well? I guess I will put this in home and garden, is it for the home, lol.

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 12:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• they're great, but a garbage bag works just as well. it's the same concept, but there's no special plug for the vacuum, you just have to touch the hose to the fabric inside so it won't suck up the bag.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:53 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My hubby uses them to pack his seabag because he can fit a lot more in that way. I know that he really likes them, but he doesn't really keep things in them for very long.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yeah, I know a lot of sailors who use them, but they don't have to keep things in very long. I am looking more long term.
    ILoveCade

Comment by ILoveCade (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I use them for bed linens have had one packed for a year and it held up great.
    mandaschelle

Answer by mandaschelle at 2:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• They are a total waste of money. They work better on some types of fabrics than others (many of my grandmother's blankets were so heavy and so dense that there wasn't much air that could be taken out so there was no space savings whatsoever). I think there are much better storage options out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Our church uses them to store costumes long term. There are some costumes that are only taken out every couple of years and the bags hold up.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I found that some of the bags tore the first time I opened them. Also, they had a tendency to reexpand in storage. I stopped using them and started just getting rid of stuff that wasn't being used.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• they were not the best
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 7:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2011