What is a good brand of make up brushes??and product for hair protectant?

professional product...

and for those of you who use MAC what kinda of eyeshadow do you love to use?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:28 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• For a hair protectant, are you talking a heat protectant??  If so, my favorites are Enjoy Hair and Skin Treatment Oil, or CHI Silk Infusion.  Just try to stay away from any product that contains alcohol, which oddly enough, most of the products that are marketed as a Heat Protectant do contain alcohol.  Anyway, as far as brushes go, I absolutely LOVE MAC brushes, but they are just too expensive.  I think I bought mine at Sally's.   I don't use MAC eyeshadows because when I use their eyeliners, it seems like that's all the color I need on my eyes.  I love the choice of colors that MAC offers. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Aveda. For both makeup and hair products there just isn't any better. You can't get any of their products anywhere but one of their salons or through their website. (Sometimes you;ll see their products at a "discount" somewhere - don't do it!! They are usually outdated.) Go to a salon, and they can help you with which product line to use; I love their "Smooth Infusions" products (I have really straight hair though).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• For hair strength, health and pure joy (when I run my hands through it) I use nothing but Hair One from Sally's..... then follow with Eveda Light Elements BEFORE AND AFTER I blow dry (works beautifully for me). My hair is naturally curly, but these two products allow me to wear it curly, straight or in between. I simply won't use anything else on my hair.

I'm in a make-up transition period. I was using Bare Minerals - not enough coverage, and too much mica, recently tried Este Lauder; not loving it. So I'm dabbling in some Mac at the moment. Don't know enough about the makeup yet to really have a good opinion.

BUT I love the brushes from Bare Minerals -- I've had my set for almost 3 years and they are still as soft, full and as nice as when I first bought them. You can buy them at any Ulta. I found the ones at Sally's lose bristles on my face, don't like that.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2011