How can people Say that the Media is Fair and Balanced?

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=222883&widget=1

If this is how the media behaved during the election, what are they going to do for the next four years?
Does this raise a flag for anyone?

myame

Asked by myame at 8:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Most people do not look up brand new information on their own. It's time consuming. Most of us rely on the media. I've know for many years that the media (for the most part) is biased toward the democratic side. Thanks to Fox news it's a little more balanced, but not enough. I use the internet for much of my research and information. I believe it's much more balanced because individuals are free to express themselves here. Something should be done to make sure that the American people are exposed to facts on the media and all the facts. Good or bad about each Presidential canidate and in equal amounts. No favortism toward one or the other.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 1:35 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We need to form our own opinions. Not listen to what some reporter tells us to do.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• That makes me sick. It's too bad that everyday citizens like all of us can be so blind as to trust just one source of news. Total wag the dog.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It's sad when the tv news SWAYS people's ability to make an unbiased decision. Talk radio is one thing. RADIO: You turn to the radio for a show, much like SNL. TV: You Turn to the Local, National News for just that NEWS.. Not the viewpoint of the station/reporter
    myame

Answer by myame at 8:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It's not fair and balanced and it is very scary the power it seems to have.

joy2bamom

Answer by joy2bamom at 9:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• They are showing this video on Hannity and Colmes. Just say a clip of it on the preview. I wonder how Alan will defend it. LOL...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Zogby Poll
    512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE 4.4 points
    97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates
    Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions
    57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
    81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
    82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
    88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
    56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• And yet.....
    Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes
    Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter
    And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
    Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.
    Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)
    grlygrlz2

• I agree with this guy on www.howobamagotelected.com, This is media Mal Practice.

Just think all the "details" they might try to leave out of the Obama Presidency? (Note this has NOTHING to do with Obama before you all start getting emotional on me.. lol... this is about the media)

If they are willing to sacrifice "fair and balanced" for an election, they have set the precedent, haven't they?

Truly sad...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• fortunate enough for me, i have the ability to take in information that is given to me and then research it and formulate my own opinion!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008