am in denial that am having a boy. do u think that it might be a girl?

sex of the baby

kidda

Asked by kidda at 10:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Chances are if they told you it's a boy it is. It's a normal feeling to be dissapointed or in denial about having a certian sex.

With my 2nd pregnancy I so wanted to have a girl but found out that it was another boy instead. I have to admit that I was dissapointed at first but got used to the idea. Then with my 3rd pregnancy, I found out that after 2 boys I finally got a girl. Believe it or not...I couldn't believe it. I was so excited but on the other hand I had this fear that when I delivered she would turn into a he.

You'll get use to the idea soon.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 10:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I was in denial too with my first born. We wanted a girl so badly! But we had our boy and I wouldn't change him for all the world.

It is always possible that the doctor or tech made a mistake and that you're having a girl. But usually there's no mistaking it.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:12 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Well, are they 100% sure that it's a boy?

Let me explain...from day ONE with my son I said I was pregnant with a boy. At 20 weeks I had an ultrasound and was told it was a girl. I continued telling everyone to not buy anything because they were wrong and it was a boy (mind you I *WANTED* a girl...I just knew I wasn't having one!). At 26 weeks they did another ultrasound and tada...there was a penis!

It's less likely that they mistook a girl for a boy then the other way around, like my situation. But you can talk to them about it and maybe later on you can have another ultrasound that would confirm the sex for you.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2008