To the formula feeders

Did they provide your formula in the hospital or did you have to bring it? I think mine provides it but I'm not positive. And is it worth it to get the little 2oz bottles in a big pack for the first few days? One more question if your last child was horribly lactose intolerant did you start out with the regular formula or go straight to the sensitive formula?
Sorry last time I started out BFing and then going to formula when that crashed and burned so I've never really bottlefed a newborn.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 2:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• All three times they gave me formula at the hospital. If you want a certain brand, ask for it - I've always preferred Enfamil, and with my two older kids the hospital offered Similac first, but when I asked they gave me the Enfamil. I LOVED the little bottles, especially for traveling, but didn't really use them on a day to day basis because I liked the Doc Brown bottles.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• If u inform them that u r bottle feeding They usually provide u with milk n the hospital.. As far as being alergic to the milk.. I didnt find out with my dd until after I tried her on regular formula.. & with the individual jars of milk.. Its convient but too me more costly.. Im going with BF this time around though bcus I didnt want to go thru the alergies & acid reflux I had to go thru w/ my dd. Plus its easier at night (no getn up to fix bottles) Lol
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 2:17 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I bottle fed from the beginning because of some health issues. The hospital provided me with the formula I asked for until I left 2 days later.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 2:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I stopped nursing because of allergies and reflux,depending on a myriad of factors those can be worse. I was thinking the little bottles would be nice at night no mixing just pop the lid on.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 2:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• they will give you formula, and you dont want to waste money on those tiny things. Your baby will only drink that little for a few days. Just stuff a bunch in your bag every so often when you can and only use them at night when u get home. Sometimes those nurses are down right snarky about giving you that formula. Like they dont get paid thousands of dollars a night! I usually only end up with like 6 when I leave no matter how hard I try! Im going very soon and I am gonna try for way more this time around! lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 2:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I had an awful time getting DD to attach in the hospital. So I gave her maybe 3 bottles in 3 days. But i told the nurses i had, and stuffed them in my bag. They will give you what you ask for. Mine had enfamil and did amazing on it. Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• they will give it you
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Mine provided it, plus bottles and a SNS when I was having trouble breastfeeding with my 5th. I left with tons of premixed bottles, but I didn't really use them like you're supposed to because I was still working on breastfeeding (and did finally get it established).

Answer by missanc at 7:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• They will ask which formula you want to use and then supply it. Our hospital offered either similac or emfamil. They even sent some home with us. The little bottles are very convienent but they cost a lot more than just getting the mix. So if your tight on money I would stay away from them.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 9:44 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• They give it to you. They gave me some to take home.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2011