Thumb sucking......?

ok so my 14 yes 14 year old dd has been sucking her thumb when she is upset. she never did it when she was younger much.
is this ok? or so i be worried.
is it a coping thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Could be coping with something. I sucked my thumb so much so when I was younger I developed an overbite. I stopped in my early teens bust as of the past year I find myself sucking again, especially in my sleep. I've had alot on my mind and I think its the stress.

Talk to her. See if there is anything going on with her that could be causing it. Find another outlet for it... not good for her teeth. GL mom
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It is a coping/comfort thing.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It's a usually a coping/comfort thing. My brother and sister both sucked their thumbs until they were about 15 or 16. I stopped when I was 12. They both have terrible overbites.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011