What is an emotionaly abusive husband/partner to you!!! how do you think they act!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• An emotionally abusive partner is self-centered, selfish and needs to bring you down to feel loved. He only wants you to feel GOOD when you are pleasing HIM. if you go out with friends, he may not trust you and or call you irresponsible or other name calling. When they succeed in making you cry...they LOVE being the ones to comfort you. They want you to only depend on them and will do anything to have the control in achieving that or that you don't develop too much independence. They are very insecure people.
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 3:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• mamastyles nailed it. My ex was emotionally and physicallly abusive. He constantly accused me of cheating, was insecure, wouldn't let me leave the house or work. Called me a piece of sh*t, wothless, dumb, a slut, whore, you name it! made me feel like the guilty and bad person. So controlling. Made me not able to see my friends/family. wouldn't give me the car keys.... horrible things....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My daughter's father was emotionally and physically abusive to me. If he saw me speaking to another guy, it automatically meant to HIM that I was cheating. If I didn't answer his every phone call or text, I was cheating. I was lazy because I didn't clean the house (mind you I was on bed rest for the last 2 months of my pregnancy for high blood pressure and anxiety) and because he worked all day, he STILL wanted me to get up out of bed and clean, but I didn't. He called me a slut, bitch, called me dumb and stupid, always putting me down because every little thing that happend to our daughter was my fault. She scratched the cornea of her eye once, and it was MY fault. I got my hair pulled, pinned against the wall, pushed to the ground, punched in the eye. Come to find out HE was the one cheating and blamed me for his cheating. I eventually got away from him because he left us for the other woman (thank GOD) Worst relationship!!!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 3:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• proudmom that sounds all too familiar... except he is a stalker now and won't leave me alone
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Oh my...I would be getting a restraining order on him. I also remember him threatening to hurt my family if I ever called the cops on him. He told me that once he got out of jail, he would come back to find me and kill me. I was scared shitless of him, still am to this day. I haven't heard anything from him for over a year. I did let him take his daughter every other weekend because it wasn't her fault that we had issues, but he's failed going on 2 birthdays now, 2 chirstmases, doesn't pay child support. He's just an all around jerk and he sleeps AROUND. It makes me sick thinking about it.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 4:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• An abusive partner tries to control where you go and who you see. They try to restrict your contact with the outside world until all you have is them, so you are completely dependent on them. The sad thing is that some of these people are so insecure that they feel they HAVE to do these things in order for someone to love them, so they want their victim to feel as alone and lost in the world as they do.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:18 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• One that puts you down, calls you names, tells you to shut up. Tells you that you are worthless, a loser, no one will want you. ANYTHING that is said that makes you feel bad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Oh!!! and it is VERY typical of them to threaten suicide if you try to leave them. The last time my ex tried this....I called 911 and they went to his house. He never pulled that crap again. Believe me. it's all a game.
    mamastyles

Answer by mamastyles at 12:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2011