So tomorrow is court for his criminal charges....

for domestic violence.... I'm going to give the judge some paper work and I'm getting so nervous... has anyone been through this? He is pissed I'm going but I am finally standing up for myself! He deserves to get punished!!!!! I just hope he finally gets what he deserves!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 3:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I have never been through this but good for you!! I know it is hard for many domestic violence victims to get help and I think you are extremely brave for doing so!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 3:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Try not to be nervous, I have been in a domestically violent relationship but never turned him in for it (was too scared to do so) but kudos to you for standing up for yourself and getting the justice you deserve!! He will pay for what he has done!!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 4:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Don't be nervous and take a deep breath I will be keeping a good thought for you. My friend went through this and in the end she was glad to have done it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• thanks ladies... I really need the support right now.... it's been rough
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 5:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Wishing you all of the luck in the world, be strong!! You are doing the right thing, he needs to be punished. Be kind to yourself, and don't let anything he says get to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:30 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Good for you! Stand up and be strong! There are too many women in violent relationships too afraid to do something about it. So many women have died in this way, and kids too. Be glad you got out- I am! I hope you can recover from the emotional scars he left behind. Kudos to you for showing your kids what a strong woman looks like :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2011