Twin bed or toddler bed for a 2 year old?

I need to get my 2 year old out of his crib. Should I go to a twin bed or a toddler bed? He is really tall for being 2.

MaryNacey

Asked by MaryNacey at 9:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We got a twin mattress and box spring on the floor with a rail for both of my kids, more of an investment than just getting a toddler bed for a couple years.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Skip the toddler bed! I tried it out with my little darling because her crib was a convertable one. and it was no different for her because she is soooo tall. We went right to a full size bed. she loves it! And why we didnt do the twin bed is because we didnt want to have to buy a new bed any time soon. She would just grow out of it. she loves it and feels so proud to have a big girl bed!
    Anonymous

• We went right from crib to a twin bed. I put the bed which was on a frame next to a wall with a bed rail on the opposite side. This worked well and we had no accidents. She is now over a 2 and half and we no longer use a rail or have bed against wall.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yea i suggest the twin bed it would last longer plus they grow out of toddler beds real quick
    LuiAlexGiGi

Answer by LuiAlexGiGi at 9:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Only differences are length and height. A twin bed in long but it is also higher off of the groud. If you go with twin (which is what I would do) then make sure you get a rail for the side of it just for peace of mind.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i say twin side bed!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• don't waste money on a toddler bed. just put the twin mattress on the floor if you are worried about falls, but my 20 months old sleeps on a bed just fine, and has since she was 14 months old and has only fallen off once. and she didn't even wake up!
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I got my daughter a toddler bed, she loves it but it may be a good idea to move to the twin bed just so you don't have to deal with the toddler bed. I mean I got mine second hand for $30 so it wasn't exactly expensive. What if you got a car bed? They fit either a toddler bed or a twin. That way you could do the toddler bed because you already have the mattress from the crib and you can move him to the twin by just getting the mattress.
    http://www.sunnytoys.com.au/Toy_Sales/images/Step_2_Stock_Car_Bed.jpg
    Plus they are super cute.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• We have a toddler bed for our son right now. It is just easier since it is closer to the ground and already has some railings by the head. This way he can get in and out of bed as he pleases and I don't have to worry about him hurting himself. And they only cost $60 so they aren't expensive and you use a crib mattress so the only expense is the bed.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:33 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i say twin bed... my son just start sleeping is his twin bed and he love it
    bryanmommy17

Answer by bryanmommy17 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2008