Turkey Dinner

About how much do you spend on turkey dinner,I'm gonna be cooking for 14 what are some ideas for making the cost as easy as possible? My brother said he's gonna buy a ham,so that pretty much covers what he will bring pretty much the cost is on me! I'm hoping to buy everything under $100 LOL probally wont happen heheheh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• well if you live in cali starers has some turkey down as low as $5and the most is $11 when you buy $25. other then that go to the hispanic food stores or to food for less stuff like that thats what i do and it should cut down hope that helps
    granadogirl

Answer by granadogirl at 9:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• do you have a k mart sounds crazy but today I got  stuffing 4 for $5 ...ocean spray cranberry sauce $1 a can a lot of baking stuff real cheep also try aldis if you can I look at grocery ads online and budget good luck

Anonymous

• You can probably do it for the 100.00 bucks, some stores offer different ways to get the turkeys for free, greenback rewards, or spending so much in store etc....keeping it simple, my problem... ending up with way to many choices. Good luck & Happy Thanksgiving
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 9:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I don't think its crazy at all to get it under 100! Your turkey will be your biggest expense, but after that, a $4lbs bag of potatoes, two or three cans of sweet potatoes for $6, stuff for scalloped corn shouldn't cost more than $5, Stuff for stuffing shouldn't cost more than $5, if you're doing store bought pies maybe $10, Rolls for $5, Make some tea and soft drinks for cheap, napkins, cups, veggies, cheese...you'll be fine!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Things often turn out cheaper if you make everything from scratch! No boxes and no cans!!! I was able to do my Thanksgiving last year for a little over 100, however I had some pretty fancy stuff on the menu.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Cool thanks ladies for all your helpful advice will see what happens when i go shopping tomorrow! Happy Holidays Ladies ^_~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I can definitely feed 14 for under $100. Turkey is practically free right now...$5! A 10lb bag of potatoes $2.99, a couple loaves of the cheap sandwich bread for stuffing 2/$5, cranberries & green beans from Costco $10 total, celery & onions $2, cauliflower $3/2lbs, 2 lemons & 1 orange for $2, eggs $3.50/doz, apples $6/bag (from orchard for pie), lard $1.49 (pie crust), coconut cream $2.50, heavy cream $6 (for 3 containers). All the seasonings/spices I already have. I also have chicken stock, but if not, it can be had from trader Joe's for $1.99/carton, so that's $3.98 more. That's around $54 and covers most everything I'd need.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2008