Who's got nice neighbours? Just need to share a sweet story.

I'm a single mom having a friend over at my place for a couple of days. Yesterday evening I helped him rehearse for a play and we got really loud, because there's fighting and shouting. All of a sudden somebody rang the doorbell. It was my neighbour, who had walked the dog late at night, and heard the noise coming from my living room. She peaked inside and wanted to check if I'm alright. She had noticed before that I had male company, heard the shouting and was worried.

We had a good laugh all together. Isn't that sweet? I think, I'll get her a bunch of flowers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That was really sweet!

We just met our new neighbors (we moved in 2 weeks ago.) She brought over homemade cookies, and gave us her number in case we needed anything. It was so thoughtful, and the cookies were outstanding.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:01 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• So nice! I'm glad you have a neighbor like that. We have neighbors who help shovel our driveway and look after the house if we are away. I'm sure they would come running if I was in trouble.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think that was nice of her.

I was so tired yesterday that I didn't realize that the trunk of the car wasn't shut all the way... light was left on in the car ALL night.
    I remember hearing someone knock at my door but I didn't get up. This morning I get up and see it and as soon as I try to crank it up I know its dead. My neighbor comes up to me and says, "Yeah I knocked yesterday to let you know. It's dead huh? Let me turn my truck around i'll give you a jump."

Without me even having to ask. He's the same guy who helped me with my groceries while I was preggo with a kidney infection.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It is great to have great neighbors, all of mine are awesome, I have across the street my moms primary doctor and he is always there if I need him for anything, we have known each other for over 30 years, and have seen our kids grow up together, it is great.

Answer by older at 7:56 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The ones on our right side are really nice....they baked us cookies when we first moved in, let us use their pool, let us use their wi-fi and they even ran an extension cord to our house once so we could plug in our fridge when our utilities got shut off. The nieghtbors on our left are not friendly at all.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We have great neighbors. There's 4 houses of ours that are all good friends. We all hang out together all the time, especially in the summer we're always outside. We borrow things from each other. Our neighbors with a snowblower do all of our driveways. My DH helps the single mom across the string with electronics, landscaping, shoveling, fixing stuff. We tailgate with one set. They watch our DS if we have an emergency. It's like the old phrase "it takes a village."
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Of all of my neighbors, there's only one I really enjoy visiting with. The 14 year old girl who lives next door. She's a hoot, and I really enjoy sitting and talking to her. She lives in the house next to our apartment building. The other three apartments... one has an older gentleman who is only here occasionally, who goes to school and lives elsewhere but stays nights here when he has late classes. He's not very social. Friendly, but not social. The people beside us are unfortunately drug dealers, but we don't have any way to prove this...I do my best to keep my son away from them. And the woman who lives above us is a little on the crazy side..she once came down claiming she had about 20 terrorists who got off the bus with her, and were up in her apartment planning an attack, and could she use the phone. I told her of course she could. When the cops got here, there was no one there...and no one besides her had come down...
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• we have a great neighborhood! the girls get together periodically, and lots of the neighbors here do a great job of helping each other out. the kids all get along sooo well! i am so glad we picked this home!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2011