Where in the Bible can i find the diet that God wants us to follow

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 6:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think there is something called the Jesus diet.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:01 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• never heard of that. i've always been tought (and i was raised by christians) you kill it, you eat it. my family was also big time hunters and fishers.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The only diet mentioned in the Bible that I am aware of is eating Kosher.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:28 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The basic laws of keeping kosher are in Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Through the ages there are rabbinic teachings and rulings that have expanded the statements in the Torah and/or made them more clear. As for chapters and verses, I don't know specifically.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• there is a book that has a diet/ lifestyle that is bible based. i never read it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It's not in the Bible, but there is a book called "What Would Jesus Eat" and it explores the foods mentioned in the Bible and the diet that most likely Jesus ate. It's basically a Mediterranean diet - lots of fish, red wine, whole wheat bread, etc. and no processed foods (including white flour and sugar). It's amazingly healthy and Biblically based, but not clearly in the Bible. Though the Bible encourages us to be healthy, it doesn't specify a diet (unless you are Jewish and keep kosher).

Answer by missanc at 10:56 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• What would Jesus eat is an excellent book .. it explains why some foods were forbidden and even why some should still be. the best is kosher...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• There's the "diet" that the Jews were supposed to follow when they were under the law, but its not required any longer.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 2:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I've never seen the What Would Jesus Eat book but I've seen the Maker's Diet and there's also the Daniel Fast (pretty much a vegan diet but stricter..no sugar/artificial sweetners, etc.). From what I know, we are allowed to eat most things.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 2:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2011