• In the Spotlight:

He threatened to kill me

He has borderline personality disorder. He was driving recklessly with me and our daughter in the car, he said that she was the only thing he had left and that he didn't give a fuck about me or his son or anyone or anything else but that she was the only thing keeping him going. He said that if I tried to take her away from him he would kill me. He says I've been pushing his buttons for a long time and I went too far and he freaked out. I've never seen him like that and I've been with him for seven years. He was out of control and couldn't contain his anger. He described in detail how he wanted to kill me and I literally feared for my life.

CONTINUED BELOW

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I was so scared I wasn't going to make it home and that my sweet baby would grow up without ever knowing her mother. I begged him and pleaded with him to go back to the house and he did but he said that he was the one in control now and I wasn't going to tell him what to do anymore. As soon as we got back I went to take a bath, I was in shock and needed to mull things over so I could figure out what to do. I immediately thought of leaving, making a police report, get a restraining order. He said he would kill me and that if he couldn't find me his brother could, his brother is in the bloods.
    Anonymous

• CONTINUED

After I got into the bathtub he knocked on the door and told me to come outside so we could take pics of the baby during her first snow. He was acting like nothing had happened and my brother and sister and stepson were around so we went outside and took pics. He was rubbing my back and kissed me on the forehead. He's acting like nothing happened, and after I moped around for the last hour he came in and asked me what was wrong. Like we just had a normal fight and now it's over. I know he's borderline and people with bpd make crazy threats when they are being abandoned but I didn't even give him the impression that I was leaving.
    Anonymous

• Girl you need out of that. You need to seek a shelter/police etc.. and get some help before he does end up killing you both
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Your immediate thoughts were right on, but you need to handle this very delicately. You need to make plans and gather things you will need before hand, not make a hasty escape. You will be unprepared. take a day, maybe two. Gather things you will need but he may not notice are missing and things of importance such as SS Cards and BirthCertificates - do this for both yourself and your children. Stash the items, possibly in your kids' closet or under their bed.

Does he work? If so, the next time he leaves for work, you need to get into action. Call your closest relative to come and pick you up, or maybe even your FARTHEST relative. Do not go somewhere he will assume you are, such as your parents.

Make a police report...these things NEED to be legally documented in the case something happening (god forbid you go missing...they will have it on file that he threatened your life).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I am sorry, but I don't care WHAT mental illness he has - if they threaten and he was driving irratically, you have good reason to be afraid and I would leave NOW! My 2nd ex gets out of prison tonight at 12:01 am. He was in for raping me. He told the judge he raped me because I wouldn't have sex with him EVEN tho we'd been divorced for almost a year and I was involved with someone new! He also woke up my kids so they could watch. He threatened to kill me more times than I can count and I know he will be looking for me starting at 12:03!! Be safe....PM me if you want to.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• OMG GET OUT !!!!! seriously thats not ok and thats not good at all i have had friends in that situation and when all was said and done they almost did die
    Anonymous

• sweetheartyou need to get to a shelter now next time he leaves you have to go hell call the cops now were is he ...but no offence the sad thing is you have to want to go and leave him or no matter what we say it will just go on and on been they're done that I had to leave on my own my family begged me but I had to wake up first...please go mommy to mommy

Anonymous

• Threatening your life is against the law. Get out! Go to a battered woman's shelter. It's free.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 9:17 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Uhh crazy? I don't care what he says or what he was diagnosed with. He knows what he says. Men try to ignore the situation a lot of times. I would get the hell out after he said that about me and my son. He can't use his "diagnosis" as a freakin excuse.
    Anonymous

• Forgot to say that my ex is bi-polar...that's why he raped me, he told the judge and why he would say he'd kill me. Because I pushed his buttons. Give me a break.

You are in serious serious danger.....please get out.It's hard, but we and many others WILL support you!!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008