Any other group owners hate that there is really no way to promote your group that actually works?

I HATE that there is really no way to promote your groups. It's like people only join the groups that have a million members already, they are always active because they HAVE all the members and the other groups continue to struggle- it's vicious circle that very few group owners manage to break.

You can only make so many promotional journals, posts with your group signiture and trips to profile pages to make invites.

There HAS to be a better way to make it fair for everyone...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I totally agree with you. It is very hard, espeically when you are competing against established groups and CM owned groups. I wish they would delete out all the inactive groups and delete out inactive members. It would make it a lot easier for new members to find good active groups and for group owners to invite the right people.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes!!!! I totally agree with you. Also, I wish there was a better way to contact inactive members. No one reads the bulletins and it is too much work to individually contact people.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 7:37 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I actually prefer smaller groups, if they're active. I feel lost in huge groups. I'm interested in your TV group, but what kinds of shows are discussed typically? I'm kind of narrow in the types of shows I watch.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I with vicesix, I like the smaller groups. I have just got addicted to the Q and A part I forget about the groups. What kind of tv shows do you discuss?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• speaking in general terms, wouldn't you say that CM as a whole is just not very active anymore?
    not just groups, but the whole site has pretty much slowed down on a daily basis for about the last year. Kinda boring actually.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Whatcha tryin to promote? I don't even fuss with groups anymore. Its like being back in middle school.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I own two groups. One is a paranormal group that used to be very active, but is not any more. It's like I'm the only person who bothers to post and I need active members who are willing to actually discuss rather than just post  a one word reply- or not post a reply at all.

The other used the be a VERY active and popular LOST group until the show ended. It's now a group for all things TV and it's become so dead I hear crickets when I go there.

I've made many promotion journals and post with a siggy almost every time I reply in a group that allows that sort of thing, but the groups STILL remain ho-hum. It's so hard to go from owning a popular, active group to owning one that sucks ass.

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• me sorry :(

I don't watch, or even own a TV. but lost was awesome! lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• momofkids, I don't even bother with the bulletins any more- like you said no one reads them. In fact, I have like 5 un-read in my mail that have been sitting there for a long time.

I also don't have the filter on in my groups because if I did, I'd have like 10 members left and then NO ONE would join because of the low member number!

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• feralkitten... I have in the past sent out PM's asking friends to invite everyone on THEIR friends list, but that didn't go over too well. The only other option you have is to take hours to randomly visit profile pages and offer invites in their chat boxes and who the hell has that kind of time? I sure don't!

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Feb. 14, 2011